Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shadow of the Colossus

I have been reading up on this new game I have never heard of before called, "Shadow of the Colossus." It is a game for the Playstation 2 released back in 2005 and I found the game in my research of, are video games art? Many gamers have demonstrated that this game is proof that videogames can be an art form just like cinema or photography. After looking into it, I have found that "Shadow of the colossus" truly is a visual and aural masterpiece that deserves some recognition as some form of art, if not considered art already. Hopefully more gamers will designed games like this one and transform the genre into more than a marketing tool for profit and entertainment. Videogames can be art and eventually everyone will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment